Black elected officials, public policy advocates and grassroots organizations from around the state will convene the 9th Annual NC Black Summit on Thursday, April 24th, Saturday, April 26th at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel & Convention Center in the RTP. The 2014 conference will provide valuable information to elected officials, advocates and community leaders in order to help constituents understand the landscape of healthcare issues from Obamacare to Medicaid reform in North Carolina.
Presenters are expected to include federal and state healthcare regulators as well as representatives from the healthcare and insurance industries.
For hotel reservations go to: https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/res?id=1310088053
External links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views or privacy policies contained therein.
- THE ALLIANCE OF NC BLACK ELECTED OFFICIALS ELECTS NEW OFFICERS
- NC BLACK SUMMIT PROVIDES LEADERS WITH CUTTING-EDGE INFORMATION
8th Annual NC Black Summit Focuses on ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT
- Alliance of NC Black Elected Officials Awarded $5000 Grant
- NC Black Summit Focuses on Economic Empowerment
- 2010 NC Black Summit Sets Priorities to Chart Future Course
- NC Black Summit Celebrates 5th year Focuses on Recovery, Green Economy
- Black Expo
- Speaker Bios
- Justices Limit a Key Protection of the Voting Rights Act
- No Justice for Jacksonville Teen Jordan Davis February 19, 2014
- Affordable Care Act, President Obama, Medicare, Social Security, Healthcare.gov, Rollout December 5, 2013
- Minimum Wage, Increase, Gallup Poll, Senate Democrats, Living Wage November 15, 2013
Go to the organization website for more information
See historic The Carolinian Newspaper for Comprehensive North Carolina News from the Capital City
See link from Groovetrak.Net coverage of 2012 Summit