Thanks, Pernetta from the Groovetrak Network
A “Stand Your Ground Cause…”
Marissa Alexander was sentenced to 20 years in prison for shooting warning shots into the ceiling when being threatened by her abusive husband.
Quick Clicks from News 4 Jax.com
- Common misconceptions on gun laws
- Petition asks for Alexander’s release
- Warning shot bill passes Senate floor
- Marissa Alexander’s SYG hearing soon?
- Pastors: Original plea deal in Marissa Alexander case
A Nationwide Initiative — How you can help?
Last year, Marissa Alexander was at home when she feared for her life in an argument with her husband. Using a gun she was licensed to own, she fired one warning shot into the ceiling of her home that did not harm her attacker. Because of this one gun shot, she was sentenced to 20 years of prison under Florida’s 10-20-life law. Marissa is a mother of a three year old and has spent the last…