“Real Dads II-Truth Be Told” documentary.
A documentary film by Derek Phillips
Fundraising on Indiegogo – Launch on September 22, to Continue to Tell the Story of Black Fatherhood
Real Dads II – Truth Be Told is the follow up to the 2001 documentary above called, Real Dads -Black Men on Fatherhood. The new film catches up with the same black men who shared their experience of being fathers in the original documentary.
Real Dads II is a unique effort, the first film of its kind to show longitudinal data on the effects and results of sustained father involvement in their children’s lives and education. This film tells important stories that need to be told. It is informative, entertaining, inspiring, and emotionally engaging.
- This film keeps it real, but works hard to dispel some of the myths surrounding black fathers.
- The film explores the painful realities faced by dads who want to be involved in their children’s lives but are denied access.
Please get ready to help us on September 22, 2014. We want you to:
1) Commit to contribute at least $25 to the campaign,
2) Make your contribution the week of September 22- 28th.
3) Share the campaign with at least three people.
4) Share it on social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc)
Visit our website and talk to us! Our funding goal is $45,000.